Mutton 500 gms.
Onions 500 gms.
Curd, beaten 350 gms.
Cloves 6 nos.
Cardamoms, large 4 nos.
Ginger 1/2″ piece
Cinnamon,broken into bits 1″ stick
Garam masala 1 tsp.
Chili powder 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds, ground 1 tsp.
Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves, sliced A handful
Ghee 4 tbsp.
Salt To taste
1. Grind onions, ginger, garlic to a paste.
2. Heat 4 tbsp ghee and fry the paste till golden brown colour.
3. Add the mutton and the whole spices and fry it till it is well browned on all sides.
4. Put the curds, coriander powder, ground cumin seeds, salt and chili powder.
5. Cover tightly and cook over a low fire till the mutton is tender and completely dry.
6. Than fry for a while till the ghee separates from the masala.
7. Serve immediately sprinkled with coriander leaves and garam masala.