1 each – carrot, capsicum, onion, small cabbage, potato, brinjal, tomato, ladyfinger (okra)
100 gms. French beans
1/2 bunch each spinach, coriander, khatta (3 leaved) greens.
1/2 bunch any other leafy greens.
1 cup green gram dal
1/2 cup horse gram dal (channa dal)
4-5 green chilies
2-3 corvettes garlic
1 tsp. red chili powder
1 tsp. dhania (coriander seed) powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. turmeric
3 tbsp. oil
1/2 tbsp. ghee
2 pinches asafetida
- Clean and wash dals.
- Clean, wash and chop spinach and vegetables except tomato.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker; add all the vegetables, spinach and dals.
- Mix well; add enough water to cover the contents.
- Add all masalas and mix.
- Place whole tomato on top, cover and pressure-cook for 3 whistles.
- Cool the cooker, open and hand blends the contents.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. ghee add a pinch of asafetida add to the mashed vegetable.
- Serve hot with paratha or steamed rice
Making time: 30 minutes (excluding cooling time)
Makes for: 6
Shelf life: Best fresh