Ingredients (for two people) :-
Moong dhal – 1/2 cup.
Rice – 1/2 cup.
raisins (khish-mish – dry grapes)
- Fry the moong dhal (before washing) till it becomes little light brown (it will start smelling).
- Then soak rice and dhal separately for 10 minutes.
- Thoroghly wash and keep it in cooker with the right water (lesser is o.k)and cook it seperately (in two different containers).
- Meanwhile cut coconut in very small pieces and fry in ghee. Fry cashew and raisins also separately.
- Break the jagerry and put in water (very little) and make a syrup.
- This is done because sometimes jagerry has mud and stones. After we make the syrup strain it through tea strainer.
- Put the rice and dhal in a big vessel and add milk (may be one cup) and cook it till all the milk gets absorbed.
- Add jaggery syrup and again cook till even it gets absorbed.
- Add three big table spoons of ghee, powdered cardamon and cook again for a while.
- Add fried coconut, cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot in two cups with a spoon of ghee.