2 Teaspoon dried yeast
1 Cup warm water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon rosemary, chopped
4 sage leaves, torn
3 1/2 Ounce olives, pitted
2 Tablespoon garlic, minced
2 Cup unbleached all−purpose flour
1 Cup corn flour
2 Teaspoon salt
2 Teaspoon olive oil
- Stir the yeast into a alrge mixing bowl with the water & let proof for 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil, rosemary, sage, olives & garlic.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the flours & salt & stir until the dough is thick & smooth.
- Knead by hand for 8 to 10 minutes until the dough is firm & elastic. Set the dough in a lightly oiled container, cover with plastic wrap & let rise until doubled.
- Turn the dough onto an oiled 10 1/2″ X 15 1/2″ baking pan & stretch it to fit. If it won’t fit, let it rest for 10 minutes & try again.
- Cover with a towel & leave until it has half risen, about 30 minutes. 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 400F.
- Just before baking, dimple the top of the dough with your fingertips & sprinkle with some extra salt & 2 ts of oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Slide off baking sheet onto a rack & let cool for a few minutes before eating warm or at room temperature.
- Focaccia Dolce. Substitute 2 oz raisins & 1 oz pine nuts for theolives, herbs & garlic.
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 30 minutes before using & toast the pine nuts.