• 1 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup oats or wheat bran
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon allspice
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup raw carrots, grated
• 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup sugar or maple syrup
• ¼ cup mild-flavored oil or vegan butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats or bran, cornstarch, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Toss in the grated carrots. Add the water, sugar or maple syrup, and oil or butter, and mix gently.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled or lined muffin pan, so each tin is about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a baking rack.