You will need:
1 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
1 large Egg
1/4 cup Canola oil
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Nonfat milk
2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions to make:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull out your muffin tin and put paper liners into each cup (or spray with non-stick vegetable cooking spray).
- Put all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg into a large bowl. Mix with a large spoon until well blended.
- Put egg, oil, sugar, and nonfat milk into medium bowl. Mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture all at once into the flour mixture. Stir with a spoon until all the flour is wet. The batter is supposed to be lumpy.
- Add the blueberries and use a spatula to fold the berries gently into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups until each cup is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned.
- Use mitts to remove the muffins from the oven.
- If you have a cooling rack, turn the muffin pan upside down onto the rack so muffins can cool.